precisenews.com

ESPN Bottomline

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Bucknuts TV Stadium Series

OSU Traditions

By: Bucknuts.com Staff

Date: Mar 26, 2006
Ohio State football games are filled with tradition, and we have a video look at a few of them today. We focus on pregame tradition, with a look at the OSU marching band's famous ramp entrance, shot from field level. Then we move on to Carmen Ohio as well as the entrance of the OSU football team, as seen from the stands. Finally, we have... er, a bizarre (unflattering?) look at one of OSU's oddities -- what goes on at Mirror Lake before the Michigan game. Check it all out here.

Michigan Pep Rally
(courtesy ABC 6 WSYX-TV, via Bucknuts)
I can honestly say that I never remember this particular aspect of the late night pep rally. It was always just the band playing and the students TP'ing the heck out of the trees.

Band Ramp Entrance(Courtesy Bucknuts)
I get chills every time I experience it. I still remember the very first time I ever saw it!

Carmen Ohio and Team Entrance
Quite possibly the best Alma Mater song ever! It brings a tear to my eye every time I sing it!

All bring back wonderful memories and thoughts of times past. If I could go back and relive it all over again I would, without hesitation. They are by far some of the greatest times and memories that I have! If I had a regret, it would have to be the year I left and attended elsewhere as well as coming home on the weekends. 2 big mistakes that cost me additional memories, and possibly other things that I'll never know.

No comments: