precisenews.com

ESPN Bottomline

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Long Time No Post












Hey, been inactive a while. Been busy too! Work and then gone for nearly 2 weeks on vacation. My family and I as well as 4 other families that we're good friends with took a cruise to Alaska. There's no need to ask whether I liked it or not, I LOVED IT. I was ready to walk back on the ship the instant I walked off. We sailed out of Seattle and had stops in Juneau, Skagway, Icy Strait Point/Hoona and Victoria. The only disappointing one was Juneau and that's because it rained all day and we didn't get to do everything we wanted. We were at sea 2 full days which was neat, especially the second one where we were in the inside passage. Saw some whales, some sea lions and some porpoises. Really wanted to see some killer whales, but didn't get to. Some of us went salmon fishing in Victoria. We had a good day. All together we caught between 50 and 60 lbs of salmon. We had it smoked and canned. Not sure how long it'll take to receive, but I'm looking forward to trying it. Well, I'm going to post some pics here. I'll give more details later.

Pics include various shots of the bay/sound, the space needle, the needle and Key Arena, the stadiums, Mt Reiner, Seattle, and the hotel we stayed at the first night.

No comments: