precisenews.com

ESPN Bottomline

Monday, April 06, 2009

Reds change guard

Cincinnati Enquirer | Cincinnati.Com

By John Fay • jfay@enquirer.com • April 5, 2009

The Reds will have a lot of new faces in the lineup on Opening Day. For the first time since 2001, neither Ken Griffey Jr. nor Adam Dunn will be there to start the season.

For good or ill, Griffey and Dunn were the faces of this franchise. It was mostly ill: The Reds haven't had a winning season since 2000. The club decided to change course last summer, trading away both Griffey and Dunn.

So who will be the new and future faces of the franchise?...

I am really looking forward to watching these young guys play. I think they are excited to be here and want to win, badly. Though I did enjoy watching Dunn and Griffey I questioned whether they truly wanted it badly enough or were content to be where they were.

I don't know if this team will be the "next Tampa Bay" or not, but I do believe that they are going to play hard and give it their all.

Posted using ShareThis

No comments: