precisenews.com

ESPN Bottomline

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Hello From JAX!






















Even though it was cloudy today, man it was still nice. We started the day with a nice cereal breakfast and then off to First Baptist of Jacksonville. Man what a big church, but I really enjoyed it. It was the first service for their new pastor. He was really good. Lunch was great! We ate at American Cafe over looking the St. John's river. We then took a water taxi ride and saw some of the sites. It was a bit windy, but still very enjoyable! We went to the St. Augustine beach yesterday. I'll have some photos of that shortly. Annie's going to have to assist me with that because I forgot my camera, so she's got all of them. Boy it was a beautiful day at the beach too! I did see some of the St. John's County Sheriff's Deputies driving around the beach in various vehicles and I think I could get use to that pretty quick. I also noticed a JAX Park patrol boat today and thought that would be an interesting gig. Who knows, maybe, just maybe I'll have to check it out and put in a few applications.


Oh, and the flight, it was interesting to start. The take off and initial accent were fine, but then we flew through some t-storms that cause a bit of turbulance. The plane bobbed up and down a bit which was interesting, but I happened to glance back over my shoulder out a window and saw the wing and it was flapping like a birds wing which was a bit unnerving, so I didn't watch that much. The turbulance lasted for about half the flight because of the southern storms, but then it cleared and it was smooth from there on. The Southwest flight crew was great and hillarious, which made the flight go well. All in all, not bad. I just hope for a bit less turbulance on the flight back.

Well, I'll post more later when I've got time. That's all from Florida for now.

No comments: