precisenews.com

ESPN Bottomline

Thursday, April 20, 2006

I Needed That!

Well, I'm back from my break. As you can see I took a bit of a jaunt to JAX, Fl and I loved it! I'm already ready to go back. Heck, I'm seriously considering looking for a job down there. I could handle living down there very easily. The only real issues preventing it are the fact that I'd have to work on trying to make some new friends (I hate feeling like I'm by myself, though I wouldn't be totally alone thanks to Jon, Annie and the boys). I'm just not a good one for that and in all honesty, making good close friends has never been a real strong suite of mine. I can talk to anyone, but making friends has never been easy. The second big issue is the fact that if I stayed in law enforcement, the pay scale down there isn't all that great. The benefits of working on or near the beach are awesome, but living on that rate of pay isn't real enticing. If I can get around those 2 things though, I just may go for it!

Having had the week off for spring break was great. I REALLY needed that! I needed the time away. I was becoming very antsy and not very pleasant (some would tell you that I wasn't very pleasant when I got back. Guess that's a result of not really wanting to come back). The time down there did help me think and come to the realization that I don't want to keep working in the situation I'm in with no benefits and the like. So, I've decided that I'm either going to make the move or go for a position with either the Sheriff's department (trying to figure out just where I would want to be there) or go for a position with the Hamilton Co. Park Rangers (my main choice as it's what I wanted to do from the get go). Well, I guess I've got some praying and thinking to do. Say a prayer for me yourself, if you would. I could use it. Ok, that's enough of the "dear diary" stuff for now. More to come later.

No comments: