precisenews.com

ESPN Bottomline

Thursday, May 18, 2006

They're My Favorite, But...

Club signs two tryout candidates

The Bengals wrapped up rookie minicamp Monday and will shift to full-squad organized team activity days (OTA) today.

But they made some roster moves before they will hit the field as a team.

The Bengals on Monday waived third-year quarterback Craig Krenzel and rookie tight end Ryan Hamby, both former Ohio State players. Hamby played at Moeller High School...

I don't like the fact that they just got rid of the only 2 Buckeyes on the team! My first loyalty is to and will always be to The Ohio State University. That's one reason why Paul Brown holds a special place with me as a Buckeye, being he led them to their first ever National Championship. I may be a bit biased, but I truly believe that CK is as good a QB as any they have right now, other that Carson (obviously). He was most definitely the smartest they had. Heck all he's done is win, even under crappy circumstances in Chicago. If he'd have been allowed to work with the talent here I definitely think he could have got the job done! I'll keep rooting for the Bengals (have since day 1), but it would have been much more enthusiastic with the Buckeye connection.

No comments: