precisenews.com

ESPN Bottomline

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Whew, Glad That's Over!

Well, I just got back from doing my PFT (that's Physical Fitness Testing for those of you from Palm Beach that are too stupid to know how to use a punch card ballot). Anyway, I'm done for another year. Oh, and yes I passed. I had to make weight, do an obstical course and run 1.5 miles. I made weight easily thanks to having worked out periodically and not eating as much junk. I had 14:45 to run the 1.5 miles and I was able to do it (without a great deal of effort) in 12:35. I probably could have had a better time, if I had really pushed it, but there was no prize for being the fastest and I was just credited for having it done in time like everyone else, so I saw no need to kill myself. I'm not sure how much time I had for the obsitcal course, I just know I passed it. The thing that sucked was the fact that it was in the high 20's/low 30's this morning at the time of the run and when I got done I felt (and still do a bit) like I was going to couch up a lung and my lungs were burning like crazy. Oh well, thankfully it's done and over for another year!

No comments: