precisenews.com

ESPN Bottomline

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

MLB


03/26/2008 10:19 AM ET
MLBP, MLBPA, Topps and Upper Deck celebrate National Baseball Card Day
Exclusive baseball card packs available at Toys "R" Us stores nationwide

Major League Baseball Properties and the Major League Baseball Players Association, in conjunction with licensees Topps and Upper Deck, will celebrate the second annual National Baseball Card Day on Saturday, March 29. On this day, exclusive baseball card packs will be given away nationally to kids, collectors and fans as part of this celebration...

I still have many of my cards that I collected. They're boxed and safely stored away. Unfortunately, with all of the different companies that are making them now, it's difficult to collect anymore and the joy of collecting is gone. I remember looking for the mistakes that would make it through the screener and editor. My goal every year was to collect the entire Reds set. I didn't much care for the rest except for wanting to have one complete set. The doubles would get traded and the triples would get used in the bicycle spokes. Collecting helped keep the summer interesting.

No comments: