precisenews.com

ESPN Bottomline

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Op-Ed Contributor - Dear A.I.G., I Quit!


NYTimes.com

Published: March 24, 2009

The following is a letter sent on Tuesday by Jake DeSantis, an executive vice president of the American International Group’s financial products unit, to Edward M. Liddy, the chief executive of A.I.G.

DEAR Mr. Liddy,

It is with deep regret that I submit my notice of resignation from A.I.G. Financial Products. I hope you take the time to read this entire letter. Before describing the details of my decision, I want to offer some context:

I am proud of everything I have done for the commodity and equity divisions of A.I.G.-F.P. I was in no way involved in — or responsible for — the credit default swap transactions that have hamstrung A.I.G. Nor were more than a handful of the 400 current employees of A.I.G.-F.P. Most of those responsible have left the company and have conspicuously escaped the public outrage...

What has been done to this gentleman and those he works with is appalling! The fact that they have been targeted for vilification and even destruction by the likes of Barney "My Boy Lolly Pop" Frank, Andrew Cuomo(D-NY AG), and Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn AG) is not only reprehensible, it should scare the daylites out of everyone!

Not only are they targets of government officials, but they have become targets for the likes of ACORN and the service workers union. The protests in front of these peoples homes, the bus tours past them and those at AIG HQ are not spontaneous. They are being organized and led by ACORN and SEIU.

These organizations are going in to poor neighborhoods and picking up people and taking them to these sites and then ginning up the anger and malice that is being seen. What is more disgusting is that they are doing so using our tax dollars which they received through the "stimulous" and omnibus spending bills.

These and other similar organizations received billions of our tax dollars as repayment for their work in getting Obama elected. The amount of money being paid to the various AIG execs pails in comparison to the amount just handed over to ACORN, SEIU, et. al.

It's time that anger and disgust be focused in the proper direction, Washington D.C. and various state capitals for their misappropriation of our money. These are the people that deserve our scorn and contempt. Not private citizens!

No comments: